Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Melbourne delivers

Last week, despite the rather chilly and rainy weather and my resulting big bad head cold, I still managed to pound the streets of Melbourne, going from shop to shop, gallery to gallery, ooohing and aaahing at all the cool STUFF! The Chapel St Bazaar offered up this super find, an Italian ceramic/metal coffee pot....

...and Craft Victoria was full of so many beautiful ceramic pieces I kind of just spun around in circles not knowing what to pick up first. I finally settled on four of these beautiful bowls (below)by South Australian ceramicist Charmian Header, and I have eaten almost every meal out of them since I got home. They are so warm, and just a little wonky. I particularly love the white one, the subtle difference between the white slip pattern and the white glaze, the way it breaks to brown around the rim...Gee, those South Australians really know how to make nice pots!

7 comments:

reb said...

love love love that coffee pot!

Anonymous said...

AH, i wish you could visit my stuio in Melbounre! :(

Vipoo

Mel Robson said...

next time Vipoo! I promise!

Anonymous said...

Ok then :)

Vipoo

Kevin Murray said...

We need to find you a residency down south, Mel.

Mel Robson said...

yes please Kevin!

Anna Davern said...

the chapel st bazaar is my favourite shop ever. Even though I'm not the marrying kind, I swear it's where I'd have my bridal registery!