Monday, October 29, 2007

A few new bits

A few new pieces. I’ve been having strong urges to throw for months and just no time to do it. But a few weeks back I just had to sit down at my trusty wheel and get it out of my system! I threw some mugs and bottles. The mugs were a bit of a disaster, and the bottles were a bit of a surprise. Not my usual thing, but I sat them on a window sill near my desk and they’re slowly but surely growing on me. They're thrown from Southern Ice porcelain and inlaid with black slip.

5 comments:

reb said...

Beautiful Mel- I love their clean-ness and the lines are somehow Klee like to me...

Claire said...

I REALLY love these bottles. The black slip lines are just wonderful. Thank you so much for posting them!

Anonymous said...

great line mel, its kind of solid nervous strong

patricia zapata said...

I've read your blog for a while and have never commented. I just have to say that I really love these!! Your work is wonderful.

Mel Robson said...

well thanks everyone for the nice feedback. I might just have to make some more now! They're all packed up now and ready to fly down to Claire (above) and I must admit I'm a little sorry to see them go!But off to a good home!